The “Feeding of the 5000” was one of my favorite Bible Stories from Sunday School. How cool that Jesus can still multiply what we have to be more than enough to share + leftovers!
You’re familiar with the “Ephesians 3:20-21” passage about The Lord’s ability to bless us beyond what we could ask or imagine. What if His desire is to bless more than just you in the process? How cool would that be?
That’s what that little boy did!
Imagine a starving crowd. And the only person there with food is a little boy who knows how to share. He may have been volunteered by Disciple Andrew, who said:
Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many? (John 6:9)
The Amazing Multiplying Meal
… Then Jesus took the bread, and he looked up to heaven and said, “Thank you, Father, for your great love and all your wonderful gifts!” Then he broke the bread and gave it to his disciples. They took the bread and began to hand it out to the people.
They kept handing it out and handing it out – and the amazing thing was, there was always more to give. Soon, everyone in that huge, huge crowd had some bread, and not just a little. They all had as much bread as they wanted! (get the rest of the story) …
What shall we do then?
- Give back to God what He has given you.
- Let Him bless, multiply, and give it to others.
- There’s more than enough for everyone + leftovers to keep the Miracle growing.
Feeding 5000 was just the beginning!
Can you imagine what would happen if you gave everything you have to The Lord? Remember, blessing is not just about money! So let’s see what He can do with our: Love!
LET’S CONDUCT AN EXPERIMENT
- Soak up all the Love you can from Jesus. You can’t give something you don’t have.
- Then give it back to The Lord and ask Him to share it with Your Mate. If you’re single, pick another person you’d like Him to bless.
- Start a journal to keep track of any observable changes. Be patient. And be sure to keep giving your love to The Lord for him/her.