Always remember that you were created for him, not the other way around (1 Corinthians 11:9). Yes, I know this isn’t a very popular statement, but I firmly believe it to be a Fact of Life. Men don’t do well without us (Genesis 2:18). But when you try to turn a man into what you want him to be … as though he were created for your benefit … nothing good can come of it.
I’ve never observed any situation wherein the woman called all the shots, & the relationship was a lasting & happy one for both partners.
Yes, he needs to listen to you.
That’s part of the reason you are there.
But if he does everything you tell him to do,
you’ve got a very serious problem on your hands.
Partnering with a Godly Man
You’ll reap immeasurable benefits as you become the wife he needs you to be.
- He’ll love you, care for you, respect you.
- He’ll believe in you and be Your Biggest Fan.
- You’ll be positively, absolutely irresistible to him.
- He’ll joyfully protect you and provide for you, hold you and guide you.
- He’ll be proud of you when you do well, and right there for you when you need him.
What more could a woman ask for than this?
Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest
is my beloved among the young men.
I delight to sit in his shade,
and his fruit is sweet to my taste.
Let him lead me to the banquet hall,
and let his banner over me be love.
Strengthen me with raisins,
refresh me with apples,
for I am faint with love.
His left arm is under my head,
and his right arm embraces me.